Thursday, September 23, 2010

Charice in Glee


I first saw Charice Pempengco in a singing competition on ABS-CBN entitled Little Big Star. At that time, I was already amazed by her big voice. But like any other Filipino, I didn’t expect her to win because compared to the other competitors, her looks wasn’t celebrity material. In a country full of great singers, one has to stand out in the looks department to be noticed. The judges also thought that way too and so she was proclaimed 2nd runner up. But lucky Charice was destined to be a star. Despite that particular setback, Korea’s Star King, Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah and David Foster saw the “star” in her. Her TV appearance in Ellen’s show led her to a series of TV guestings and concerts. She also was able to release her first international album already. Just this week, I watched her TV appearance in the first episode of GLEE: Season Two. I was never a fan of Glee. Charice is the only reason why I took the time to watched it. And although I was one of those people who thought that she wouldn’t be able to make it in showbiz before, I would have to eat my words now and say that she really is star on her own. And I’m so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin