Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Major Major Happy For Venus Raj!


Days before the Miss Universe Coronation Night, I came across a website which listed the contestants who made it to the Top 15. I really thought that that was the Top15 already. So I was really surprised when I found out that Miss Philippines, Venus Raj, was a finalist! From the swimwear to the evening gown portion, I knew already that she was a standout. My mom even said that if Venus Raj would make it to the Top5, she had a good chance of winning the title.

But alas, nerves got into Venus Raj and she was not able to explain well her answer to the judges. One of the judges, William Baldwin, asked her about the biggest mistake that she made in her life and what she did to make it right. And she answered ""You know what, Sir in my 22 years of existence I can say that there is nothing major major, I mean, problem that I have done in my life. Because I am very confident with my family, with the love that they are giving to me. So, thank you so much that I am here, thank you thank you so much,"

Venus Raj's answer was okay for me but she could have said it better. I think Miss Mexico had an edge because she answered the question in her native language so she didn't have a hard time putting her thoughts into words. I bet if she tried to answer in english, she might have committed a "major major" boo-boo also.

Anyway, I'm still proud of Venus Raj. At least, she made the Miss Universe competition pretty interesting to watch this year. To be top 5 out of 83 contestants is a "major major" feat already. And even if she wasn't crowned as Miss Universe, at least, we can call her Miss Twitverse because she was the number 1 trending topic this morning in twitter worldwide and even her "major major" comment also landed in the top10.

I'm major major happy for you, Venus Raj!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin